Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh allright...what?

First of all, Happy 09-09-09 to all across the World, since it does not make a difference if you put that day or the month first today! So Cheers to all!

Yesterday I went to my interview with the Artistic Director of nineteen; twenty nine and here is the Journal about it:

8/9/09 6:45PM Waiting for a production meeting for 19;29. The interview was a bit odd, and I am still not completely sure what is going on for this internship. I might be given a large role of leadership and creative roam in building a set for one of the 5 projects happening. Other that that, I have no idea what this thing or production is about. I hope to find out more at this designers meeting. 

8:30PM On the tube back to Kensington. OK. SOO there really isn't a script and barely a plan from what I have recollected, at least on the design side. There are five projects that accumulate to a larger production in November that runs 10 days. That takes place in an old art deco town hall in Tottenham. The building hasn't been used since the 30s and hasn't been touched since the 80s. My group meets on Thursdays and Fridays from 10-5 to work on...the projects... I seem to be the only set designer/carpenter of the lot, so I most likely will play a vital role in the design portion. I feel like it's a giant, free, creative designgasm. Something Philly knows quite well. What I have been told to do until we start is to look up Greek Mythology, focusing on the Underworld. Words they said were Labyrinth, River Styx, Hades etc... Maybe we can build a Labyrinth, that would be cool. It looks like I will get to design some sort of set piece in these different places in Tottenham. Hopefully, I get some tools, but since they said we have little to no budget, I think we are going to get creative. SO bit giant open project with lots of leadership and ideas needed. Should be fun. Interesting. Weird. But fun. and exciting...if i actually know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment