Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A night at the hostel

I went to bed rather early last night, and completely avoided jet lag by just saying awake the past 2 days before and after flights. Have to say, I am really enjoying my time here at the hostel. Haven't talked to many yet, but most all of them for some reason speak German. probably about 60%. They give you almost paper sheets and a big comforter that you do not really need in the summer time. Security wise, it seems like everyone trusts each other. I thought that I was going to have to go to Kings Cross Station to lock up my bag, but no. Everyone just leaves their stuff here, including electronics lust left all over the 9 person room and on beds. I slept with my wallet and passport next to me just in case. Although, it seems that it was not needed. Breakfast was rather small here. Just Toast, corn flakes, and some tea but it is something to chew on while deciding on where to go for the day.

This evening, I am going to a pub in Soho with my friend, Andrew Loxley. Should be fun, and good to see someone I know. I have almost forgot my own voice. Rarely used it all yesterday to the point where my voice seemed to crack and be so small compared to these graaand english accents.

Thinking of going investing in the walking tour book that I found yesterday at St. Paul's Cathedral. It was really quite an amazing walk, and I wish to see more of London that way. Going to try walking the other way on the Thames today and see where it takes me. Should be exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment