Thursday, September 3, 2009

In between The Netherlands and Algeria

3/9/09 1:30PM Moved into my new residency. 37 Hyde Park Gate. Flat 1A. A large room right off of the common room on the first floor. 2 bunkbeds. Right now I have met 2 of maybe 3 room mates. Harry Rosenblum is a BTMM senior from Temple and Justin Seegmueller, a Junior film major. We went down to a sandwich shop on Gloucester Rd. I checked out of my room at the hostel this morning at around 10am after a shower and a quick breakfast. Bought myself an oyster card for 3 quid, which reduces the tube fare from 4 to 1.70. Worth the investment. It is similar to a Charlie Card in Boston but even better. However, I was told at the pub that the buses are the better way to see the city and far less inexpensive. Took the tube anyway from Russell Square to Gloucester Rd. because it is much faster and more direct to where I needed to go. Our place is right in between the Netherlands Embassy and the Algeria Embassy. Actually, this area is about as high class as you can get in London, save Buckingham Palace, so many Embassies are in the area, including South Korea and China. A few of the folks here are going out tonight, in which case, I will join in the festivities. The large orientation starts tomorrow at 10:15. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment