Monday, October 12, 2009

Eye Spy the National Theatre

08/10/09 Today, after 'working' at my internship, I went towards the London Eye and the South Bank. With FIE, I got a discount ticket to ride the London Eye, and therefore seized the opportunity. It was fun to see a fantastic view of the city, how much the Thames cuts and turns, and a visual layout of this massive Capital. Check out the pictures on Picasa with the link on your left, for there are plenty. Once I hit the top, the ride down was just really waiting to get off. It was fine, glad I did it, but don't recommend it for the full price ticket of 18 pounds.
After the half hour 'flight,' I went to a production of The Power of Yes by David Hare which is described as " A dramatist seeks to understand the financial crisis." David Hare is the main character in this lecture-type show and as he says at the beginning, "This is NOT a play." This is an educational non-biased lecture about the financial hardships in Britain. It was very interesting, but rather dull. 110 minutes with no intermission. I read a review about the show in the Financial Times which based the show, but for the wrong reasons, implying that theater is only theater when there is spectacle. I find it funny because the Financial Times was not looked upon highly in the show, and it was as if they seemed to be covering something up...Hmm, I wonder? The more I think about the show, the more I liked it. But, I admit to snoozing a little at the beginning, but that was a bit due to sleep depravation.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sleep DEPRAVED or sleep DEPRIVED?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those floating bubbles are the coolest EVER! If all travel in the UK was like that...I'd move there.

    ReplyDelete